We’re working every day to build our in-person community both in person and virtually! There are lots of ways to get involved. Signing up as a volunteer is one of them!
By signing up as a volunteer, you’ll help us further our mission to destigmatize mental health and teach others about the importance of self-care. You’ll also have the opportunity to meet other volunteers who share your interest in eradicating mental health stigma in Canada.
Join a Committee
At SAS, we have many committees you can get involved with:
- Events: If you’re interested in event planning and want to join us in creating amazing and impactful experiences for our community, we’d love to hear from you! We host everything from fundraisers to workshops to virtual conferences. We’re looking for people who are passionate about designing and executing events that support youth mental health.
- Fund Development: The Fund Development Committee plays a pivotal role within SAS, with its primary mission being to raise funds dedicated to supporting the organization’s extensive range of programs and initiatives. These initiatives are focused on breaking stigmas surrounding mental health, empowering youth, and providing support to equity deserving groups.
- Marketing: If you’re a fun and creative individual, join our marketing committee! We’re a group of people passionate about mental health who want to help spread the word about SAS. Strong graphic design and writing skills are preferred and a marketing background is also a huge asset.
- Community Program: Help us develop and support the various SAS communities across Canada. This will include exploring new communities to help us make an impact, managing and supporting community leads, and designing new aspects of the program.
- Empowerment Labs: Join us in working with the industry’s top experts in designing fun, fast-paced, and action-oriented workshops to support our community’s mental health. Committee members will support in developing relationships with experts and designing and executing impactful Labs!
- Volunteer Program: Support the personal and professional development of our volunteers by designing impactful meetings and investigating new ways we can acquire, engage, and retain highly motivated volunteers who align with SAS’s values.
How to Apply
Send your resume and letter of interest to our Chair of Volunteers, Simran Dhaliwal, at email@example.com with the following subject line: “Volunteer Application for [insert committee name]”!
You will hear back from Simran within one business week to determine fit, which can lead to an interview with the relevant committee chair.
- Commit to supporting your committee for 2-3 hours per week.
- Attend a monthly all-team volunteer meeting (virtual), which will be 1-2 hours in length.
- Share events and initiatives organized by SAS on Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Engage and participate in events and initiatives organized by SAS.
- Help with running and organizing such events and initiatives when and where asked (if possible).
What’s In It For You?
- The opportunity to attend exclusive monthly volunteer meetings specific to your committee.
- Eligibility for our annual Volunteer Awards.
- Grow and enhance existing skill sets, as well as develop new skills while working with leaders with experience in your committee sector.
- Play a crucial role in the expansion of our organization!
- Volunteers who go above and beyond will be eligible to receive letters of reference and LinkedIn recommendations from the CEO and President.